Part-Time Accountant, Resource Development
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000912Job Title: Part-Time Accountant, Resource DevelopmentPS Position#: 00001191Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $20.68/hourClassification: Classified StaffDepartment:Resource Development POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Perform general accounting operations for the Lee College Foundation and the Resource Development department including, but not limited to: general accounting, tracking, reconciling, and reporting of scholarship funds, gifts, pledges, and investment accounting.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise in the areas of accounting and audit.
- Record daily accounting transactions including cash, investments, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and restricted funds. Prepare bank deposits.
- Maintain records and accounting data of the Lee College Foundation’s (LCF) investment portfolio, bank accounts, and gifts/grants made to LCF or passed through LCF for Lee College.
- Responsible for preparation of board packet and management reports to include financial statements and special reports requested by the Foundation Board.
- Preparation of periodic scholarship donor reports, spending reports, and communiques regarding scholarship fund/account status.
- Document operating procedures to comply with accounting standards and Foundation policies.
- Coordinate with external accounting firm for preparation of tax forms.
- Assist in working with the external auditors to compile requested data to complete the annual audit in a timely manner.
- Responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and operational management of policies and procedures relating to all finance/accounting activities under the direction of the Executive Director of Foundation and Resource Development.
- Prepare other financial analysis and all ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Contribute from a financial perspective to strategic planning, program development, implementation, and evaluation activities of the organization.
- Assist Director of Grant Management in budget preparation and budget tracking of grants as needed.
- Assist Alumni Director in preparation of budgets, revenue and expense tracking, and reporting as needed.
- Assist with completing mapping and implementation of Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT software.
- Assist with other Resource Development activities and initiatives as requested.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. The work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours/week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Accounting
- Minimum of five (5) years accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, and in particular, proficiency in Excel
- Able to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- High standard of excellence, accuracy, and consistency
- High personal integrity, honesty, and accountability
- Must be able to work nights and weekends when required
- Experience in a non-profit, foundation, or education environment
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Blackbaud
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: transcripts, resume and cover letter. Official transcripts showing completed college course work is required upon employment.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting?
- * Do you have a minimum of five (5) years accounting experience?
- * Do you have experience working in a non-profit, foundation, or education environment?
- * Do you have experience working with PeopleSoft?
- * Do you have experience with Blackbaud?
- * Are you able to work nights and weekends when required?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document