Job location: 2420 OLD IVY RD OFFICE BUILDING
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-12
University of Virginia Advancement Communications seeks a Video Editor who is detail-oriented, self-starting and has a strong ability to think creatively and strategically. The Video Editor will be required to edit, repackage, and distribute compelling videos and digital media that will inspire and promote UVA’s upcoming fundraising campaign as well as other advancement related projects.
The Video Editor is expected to work collaboratively with the entire Advancement Communications team, with close guidance from the Creative Director as well as input from the videographer/producer. The Video Editor should posses the ability to create memorable authentic content matched with the technical expertise to bring the story to the screen.
The department is preparing for the launch of a major, five-year fundraising campaign for the University of Virginia. To prepare for the campaign, advancement communications is seeking a versatile editor to develop creative fundraising communications and produce a variety of video and motion graphics content. This position will help achieve UVA’s fundraising goals by conceptualizing and translating compelling video content that will inspire a range of audiences to support the University and demonstrate the benefits of giving to UVA.
Within the creative team, the Video Editor will conceptualize, present ideas, and quickly implement visual solutions for feature stories, web content, social media posts and campaigns, advertising executions, gift and grant proposals, event graphics and more.
This position will report to the Creative Director and interact with all advancement communications team members as a collaborator and partner. They will also proactively build relationships with teams and individuals across the University to develop assets and templates for marketing and philanthropic support in the upcoming campaign for the University.
- Bachelor's degree or three years of relevant work experience accepted in absence of degree.
- Experience working in video editing production, concept development, and/or filiming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including superior attention to detail. Ability to understand, support and help develop complex creative solutiuons.
- Experience working as part of a creative team.
- Advanced experience with digital technology and editing software including but not limited to Final Cut Studio, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Excel, FTP Clients, Video compression software, online video distribution.
- Foundational working knowledge and experience to integrate and produce high-end, animation and motion graphics to support our growing video needs.
- Storytelling skills with ability to translate into compelling script and visual images that align with the University’s educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
- Strong video editing skills. Intermediate knowledge in producing, script-writing, interviewing, videography, lighting and audio techniques skills, as well as technical videography skills using DSLR cameras and related equipment.
- Expert knowledge producing material for major social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of creating SEO-friendly web content using a combination of creative video strategies and data-driven techniques.
- A reliable collaborator, comfortable in a team setting.
- An excellent listener who can give, receive, and readily assimilate constructive feedback.
- Knowledge of basic process and project management as well as very strong organizational skills with ability to maintain video and photo libraries.
- Proficiency with content management systems, specificially Drupal and Wordpress.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Film Studies, Cinematography, Communications, or related field.
- Seven years of relevant experience.
- Advanced experience in special effects, animation and motion graphics, sound engineering and effects.
- Ability to navigate University databases, systems, and communication software.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require the ability to attend meetings, and programs.
This position will remain open until filled. This is a restricted position and continuation is based on performance and funding. For questions about the application process please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Academic Recruiter, email@example.com.
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0010070 ”. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address). In your cover letter or your resume please include links to digital portfolio.
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address). In your cover letter or your resume please include links to digital portfolio.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.