Collaboration Center Support Specialist
Collaboration Center Support SpecialistTracking Code200193 Job Description
Provide support to The CoLab, JCCC’s Collaboration Center in its mission to create collaborative, experiential learning opportunities for student and faculty. Responsible for the daily facility maintenance, light technical support and superior service for faculty, staff, students and community visitors. Handle scheduling of the collaboration spaces and event coordination. Demonstrate and troubleshoot technology usage in the work spaces. Learn new technologies and train faculty and students. Support promotional efforts on behalf of the collaboration center through appropriate social media. The CoLab facilitates collaboration on interdisciplinary projects among students, faculty and industry. Students will apply what they learn to develop strong interpersonal and communication skills critical to career success. The CoLab supports students and faculty connections to area businesses and community organizations, helping the college fulfill its mission to inspire learning, transform lives and strengthen communities.Required Skills
- Strong and effective organizational skills
- Superb customer service skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to meet all deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn technology and demonstrate its use to others
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences; positive attitude and customer service sensibility
- Ability to problem solve and work proactively
- Ability to work fluently with various types of software applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheets, graphics/presentation.
- Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Use and knowledge of Banner and Ad Astra
- Use and knowledge of Sugar CRM or similar system
- Proficiency using social media
- Associate’s degree or two years of college-level coursework
- At least three years of work experience in either digital media, instructional technology, technical training, customer support, marketing, or event/project coordination in a professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years work experience in digital media, instructional technology, technical training, customer support, marketing or event/project coordination in a professional environment
- Work experience in an educational setting
- Work experience with web content
- Event coordination experience in a professional environment
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time