Program Coordinator I
Starting Salary: $2,329.87 (per month) plus benefits; Salary Grade: C1-48
Full Salary Range: $2,329.87- $3,120.55 (per month)
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the classified position above.
Foothill – De Anza Community College District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Foothill–De Anza Community College District is student success. We are driven by an equity agenda and guided by core values of excellence, inclusion, and sustainability. Every member of our district contributes to a dynamic learning environment that fosters student engagement, equal opportunity, and innovation in meeting the various educational and career goals of our diverse students. We are committed to providing an accessible, quality undergraduate education dedicated to developing a broadly educated and socially responsible community that supports an equitable and just future for California.
The Family Engagement Institute (FEI) – www.foothill.edu/fei - is a multigenerational Foothill College educational equity initiative that promotes college-going identities, aspirations and pathways to college for first-generation students and families. Over nearly a decade, FEI has successfully focused on building capacity of families, schools and communities to collectively ensure student success through equity and access to quality education at every stage of development and to elevate the voice of marginalized communities. FEI serves as a college bridge program where families and educators together build skills, tools, and agency to navigate educational systems that promote family engagement, school and workforce readiness, and postsecondary education.
This .50 FTE position is with Family Engagement Institute and is responsible to support FH’s Early College Promise; the Student Equity and Achievement; and The DREAMers | UndocuALLY Initiatives in coordination with the Office of Equity, Business Services, and Admissions and Records departments. This position supports FEI’s noncredit parenting (NCP) students and faculty on and off campus; provides assistance to the Child Development Academy (CDA) instructors and the FEI STK Director to coordinate and implement the summer CDA that promotes college readiness and workforce development for local first gen high school students; helps coordinate the Pathways, Exposure, Academic Connection, Knowledge (PEAK) MVLA High School Internships; and supports student-related DREAMers | UndocuALLY activities that includes managing the college webpage.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide direction and guidance to the day-to-day operations, problem solving and limited decision making regarding an assigned program; implement program policies and guidelines; provide for program reporting and accountability; provide work direction and guidance to other program personnel; limited monitoring of the program budgets.
The Program Coordinator I oversees a small program assuming responsibility for program coordination and reporting with limited or no financial accountability. The Program Coordinator II provides overall direction to an assigned program with overall accountability for program coordination and reporting. The Senior Program Coordinator oversees large, complex programs with major financial accountability while working independently. Senior Program Coordinators are more involved in program planning and coordination involving two or more major programs.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide overall direction and guidance in the day-to-day operations, problem solving and decision-making regarding an assigned program; implement program policies and directives according to District, federal or State guidelines.
- Provide work direction and guidance to others assigned to the program; assign work to other classified personnel, students, volunteers and others; provide input to performance evaluations.
- Develop, recommend and implement program plans and objectives; coordinate delivery of services to program participants; assure participation guidelines are followed.
- Assure program expenditures are within allocated budgets; monitor budgets.
- Establish appropriate linkages to special populations or community groups served; promote program through participation in advocacy groups, associations and other local, regional or national organizations.
- Provide regular reports to management and federal/State agencies as requested; participate on program reviews; assure program compliance with federal or State program guidelines.
- Serve as liaison between program personnel, participants, clients, administrators, faculty and students; provide information, program requirements and other pertinent information.
- Develop, coordinate, promote and oversee a broad range of programs.
- Develop workshop materials, promotional materials and other program documentation.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment as assigned.
- Design, develop and present workshops for students and with varied learning styles and cultural backgrounds.
- Assist in curriculum planning and development; provide input to faculty and staff regarding program offerings.
- Serve as program administrator in the absence of program supervisors.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Planning and coordinating the day-to-day activities of assigned program.
- Policies, objectives and goals of assigned program.
- Development and presentation of programs and workshops.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures related to assigned program.
- Budget monitoring and control.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Principles of training and providing work direction to others.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Provide direction and guidance to the day-to-day operations, problem solving and decision-making regarding an assigned program.
- Implement program policies and guidelines.
- Provide for program reporting and accountability.
- Prepare comprehensive program reports and reviews.
- Provide work direction and guidance to other program personnel.
- Monitor program budgets.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work.
- Remain current regarding trends in assigned field.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Any combination equivalent to an associate’s degree in a related field AND one (1) year related work experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience with Underserved Populations
- Office environment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone and make presentations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard.
- Seeing to read various materials.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our “Applicant Information” to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position: Part-Time (50%), Grant Funded, 12 months per year
Starting Date: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Work Days: Monday - Friday, Some evenings and weekends.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Email: [email protected]