Police Accreditation Manager
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-13
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Police Accreditation Manager, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Police Accreditation Manager manages and oversees the Law Enforcement Accreditation process in preparation for the Police Department's re-accreditation. The Accreditation Manager will serve as the Department's liaison with the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Plans, implements, and monitors the Florida Atlantic University Police Department (FAUPD) accreditation program independently, and with minimal supervision.
- Maintain fluency in IACLEA standards and processes in order to assist staff in resolving quality assurance and accreditation non-compliance issues and findings.
- Monitor measures designed to meet Commission Standards; complete, update and submit required reports, documents and forms pursuant to applicable accreditation regulations and in accordance with Department policy/procedure.
- Maintain standards files for primary and secondary proofs of compliance.
- Draft, update and maintain Department policies and written directives that achieve re-accreditation objectives.
- Prepares the Department for re-accreditation recognitions. Work is performed under the general direction of the Lieutenant - Professional Compliance.
Knowledge of standard business operations, office practices and procedures and effective verbal and written communications required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$35,000 - $40,000College or Department:PoliceLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 80 hours, biweekly.Application Deadline: 2019-09-29-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.