Executive Assistant to the CHRO
Executive Assistant to the CHRO
Job no: 493120
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Categories: Administrative Support
Role: Executive Assistant
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
Rate of Pay:$47,965
An employee in this class performs work of moderate difficulty by providing highly confidential secretarial and administrative support to the Chief Human Resources Officer and the Human Resources team.
Work is distinguished by the ability to effectively and diplomatically communicate information to internal and external contacts as well as the ability to independently organize workflow in order to meet established deadlines.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:1. Associates Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field plus five (5) years of administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Considerable verbal and written communication skills.
3. Considerable skill in the use of Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook).
4. Considerable skill in managing confidential information.
5. Familiarity with student database systems.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities1. Five years experience in a Human Resources department preferred.
2. Previous work experience in a higher education setting.
3. Prior experience with Colleague.
Essential Duties:1. Provides skilled administrative support to the Chief Human Resources Officer and the Human Resources team.
2. Organizes projects and priorities in order to meet established deadlines.
3. Prepares letters, memos, board actions, budget transfers, and other correspondence for review.
4. Assists with complex, confidential or sensitive administrative projects.
5. Independently researches and obtains information regarding a variety of information requests.
6. Arranges, schedules, and coordinates meetings, seminars, appointments, and other functions.
7. Greets, screens, answers and/or routes incoming calls and visitors.
8. Maintains the calendar and appointment schedule for the Chief Human Resources Officer.
9. Prepares forms and paperwork for purchases, payroll and other financial processes as directed.
10. Provides confidential support to labor negotiation and collective bargaining processes including, but not limited to, taking minutes, scheduling meetings, maintaining accurate and complete historical information and drafting related memos and correspondence for supervisor’s approval.
Other Duties:1. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Light (up to 25 lbs occasionally or 10 lbs frequently)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
Elgin Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 09/18/2019 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: September 11, 2019 Central Daylight Time