Adjunct- Languages - German
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level Graduate DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription
The World Language Program in the Humanities Department at Flagler College invites applications for part-time instructors in German for the Spring 2019-2020 Semester.
Purpose: To instruct students at Flagler College, and to exhibit professional conduct in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Teaches assigned courses.
- Prepares a detailed syllabus for each course and distributes a copy of the syllabus to each student. The syllabus must conform to the requirements set forth in the Faculty Handbook and those that may be established by the department chair.
- Maintains weekly office hours. When classes are in session, part-time faculty are expected to be on campus at least one hour for each course taught to meet with students outside class. These meetings may take place immediately before or after class.
- Keeps an accurate record of student attendance and reports excessive absences to the Department Chair and the Dean of Academic Life.
- Maintains an accurate record of grades in the learning management system and submits final grades in a timely manner as directed by the Office of the Registrar.
- Seeks ways to improve teaching effectiveness.
- Evaluates teaching effectiveness through student ratings of course and instruction and self-evaluation.
- Assists the Dean of Student Services in maintaining the rules and regulations of the College.
- Assists the Director of Business Services and the Director of Campus Safety and Security in maintaining a healthful, safe and secure environment for all members of the College community.
- Performs other duties as may be required by the department chair, the Dean of Humanities and Sciences, the Dean of Academic Life, the Dean of Academic Affairs, and the President.
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree in German or closely related discipline, or hold a Master’s degree in any field and have earned 18 graduate level hours in German language. Candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, effective communication skills, and the ability to work effectively and productively with students. Preferred qualifications include previous teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
Flagler College is committed to diversity, inclusion and pursuit of a higher education with adherence to high ethical standards. It is the policy of Flagler College not to discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to, or employment in, its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.