Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-11
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The incumbent will be appointed at the rank of Professor Level, on the tenure track in the Cognitive Division, Department of Neurology at the University of Miami School of Medicine.
The incumbent will serve as the Neurology Cognitive Sciences lead for Broward and Palm Beach Counties. He/she will provide an average of one session per week of direct patient care in a Neurology outpatient satellite clinic, and will conduct research in Cognitive Sciences.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Care for patients in the inpatient settings throughout UHealth Train/mentor residents and fellows to increase their clinical fund of knowledge and interest/success with academic research Preparation and presentation at teaching conferences Obtain data and results that can be used to submit an application for future clinical research awards
Education and experience:
- Requires an MD degree from a recognized accredited University (or foreign equivalent). Neurology board certification is strongly recommended
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Good communications skills (face to face, over the phone and in writing)
- Excellent customer service skills Ability to work collaboratively with other employees.
- Good organizational skills.
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
Work conditions: work is normally performed in an indoor office environment. Subject to frequent interruptions. Physical Activity Requirements:
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or by telephone.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate keyboard and other office equipment.
- Reaching to retrieve and maintain files.
- Bending, pushing, moving and lifting files, documents and objects weighing up to approximately 15-20 pounds.
All Applicants Must Apply OnlineThe University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.