FMD WM SERVICE CENTER LEAD
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting NumberS03762PWorking TitleFMD WM SERVICE CENTER LEADDepartmentFMD Work Request CenterAbout the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department
The UGA Facilities Management Division is the largest of 7 divisions reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration. The exceptional staff of over 800 personnel within the Facilities Management Division manage, operate and maintain campus landscapes, buildings and infrastructure to promote the long-term sustainability of the University of Georgia.College/Unit/Department websitefmd.uga.eduPosting TypeExternalRetirement PlanTRSEmployment TypeEmployeeBenefits EligibilityBenefits EligibleFull/Part timeFull TimeWork ScheduleAdditional Schedule Information
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. Some night and/or weekend work may be required to meet departmental goals, deadlines, and/or emergencies.Advertised SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosting Date09/12/2019Open until filledNoClosing Date09/26/2019Proposed Starting Date10/28/2019Special Instructions to ApplicantsLocation of VacancyAthens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification TitleOffice/Clerical LeadPay GradeFLSAJob FamilyAdministrativeFTE1.00Minimum Qualifications
Requires are least a high school diploma or equivalent. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred Qualifications
Two years of college or Associates Degree. Completion of a four year degree in business/public administration, information technology or related area.Position Summary
This position is needed to provide supervision to (2) maintenance dispatchers and (I) WM Service Representative in facility call center to ensure customer facility requests and related maintenance work is assigned and completed in timely and professional manner. This position has primary duties to include assessing facility work and historic trends. compile data into report and dissemination to customer (department head/contacts) or FMD shop
(supervisors or project superintendents).
- Working knowledge of facilities building maintenance needs and operations, service, and university properties and associated equipment.
- Intermediate level of computer skills to operate various technical computer systems and understanding of basic professional office systems.
- Ability to establish, obtain proper information, and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and other facilities personnel through verbal, written, and personal contact.
- Considerable knowledge of radio dispatching methods, techniques, and practices and telephone systems as per departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to obtain the proper information through telephone and personal interview.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Some knowledge of the practices, methods, materials, and equipment of the building trades.
- Ability to analyze situations promptly and to determine proper course of action.
- Ability to deal courteously with University personnel, maintenance crews, and the general public and establish and maintain effective working relationships with division and university personnel.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices of building repair, alteration, and construction methodologies.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to interpret customer needs.
- Advanced ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Serves as lead in WRC call center staff: (2) maintenance dispatchers and (I) WRC Service Rep to ensure daily interaction to customers and FMD support staff are accurate, timely, and professional. Includes analysis of AiM work orders, use of business analytics software to identify facility issues and communicating via reports/spreadsheet to customers/FMD staff.Percentage of time30 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Customer Service –
*Coordinates facility customer requests received from website/chatline/phones.
*Send FMD emergency notifications/update call list.
*Prepare reports on customer requests for repairs, and provide data support to FMD shops.
Provides business analytics with several information technology programs – Qlik. Chat Service. Qualtrics, AiM to enhance facility operations; Coordinate customer meetings to assess facility concerns and work with FMD Shop staff to review work order statuses and service responsiveness.Percentage of time25 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Update WRC operator manual with emergency call information: Monitor and create monthly usage reports on business analytical soflware: Create customer surveys and report findings: Send monthly work order reports for FMD shop.Percentage of time15 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Serve as back up to maintenance dispatcher as needed.
Special projects as assigned by the Director of Work Request Center
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- None of the above
- * Please explain your previous job experience and how it would relate to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess a valid driver's license?
- No Response
- * Are you a current employee of the University of Georgia?
- No Response
- Cover Letter