Carpenter/Maintenance Technician, #19-086
Location: Cottleville, MO, USA
Pay Rate: Starting at $15.81 per hour, commensurate with experience
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full-Time Staff
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking a full-time Carpenter/Maintenance Technician who will perform skilled carpentry work in the construction, maintenance, repair and alteration of building structures and facilities following recognized procedures and techniques of the carpentry trade.Full-time staff benefits:
- Employer credit applied towards medical, dental, and vision insurance and much more!Generous paid time off: vacation, sick, personal days, and college recognized holidaysParticipation in the Public Education Employee Retirement System (PEERS)Tuition waiver and reimbursement
- Remodeling and alteration of buildings and structures. Repairing floors, walls ceilings, partitions and office furniture.
- Planning and construction of cabinetwork (bookcases, storage cabinets, shelving etc.)
- Performs general maintenance task in plumbing, electrical, and painting.
- Constructs minor building and structures.
- Assists in snow removal and the training of Maintenance Assistance and other duties as assigned
- Refinishes furniture.
- Operation of campus vehicles as needed.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Two years technical school preferred. Three years relevant work experience. Ability to use hand and power tools, precision measuring and testing devices, mechanical equipment and material applicable to the carpentry trade. Ability to interpret blueprints and schematics. Cabinetmaker experience is required. Class A, B, C, or E Driver's License required.