Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-10
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented work force to support our common purposed of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRRECT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the word.
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division- Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership- which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The Applications Analyst is responsible for the fulfillment of data and information requests, providing end user support, investigating and resolving application and/or data related issues as they pertain to business systems utilized by the Division of Development and Alumni Relations. They interact with customers concerning requests, business requirements, data selection and specification criteria through disciplined, methodical and formal review, clarification, restatement and confirmation.
• Provides end user support for business systems utilized by the Division.
• Fulfills data requests for mailing lists, donor rolls, demographic and giving analyses using relevant tools.
• Develops relevant queries to extract segmented recipient populations for eblasts.
• Perform quality checks of data requests produced as a result of end user requests.
• Assist with software user acceptance testing during business system upgrades, implementations and/or migration to new systems.
• Performs thorough testing and validation of deliverables such as reports, lists, and application and system upgrades, to ensure timely and accurate results.
• Participates in gathering and documenting business requirements, and in clearly communicating findings to stakeholders.
• Assists in the design, creation and maintenance of application and business process related documentation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Adheres to University and unit-level policies, procedures, and safeguards University assets.
• High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of two years of experience working in a service-oriented role. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, certifications and/or work experience will be considered.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as MS Excel, MS Word, etc. required.
• Knowledge of Blackbaud’s CRM software preferred.
• Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written.
• Must be detailed oriented and be able to react quickly and accurately while maintaining a high level of professional conduct and courtesy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
• Commitment to the University’s core values.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i103