Internship Coordinator, Toppel Career Center
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-11
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Internship Coordinator is a full-time, professional staff member in the Toppel Career Center and reports to the Assistant Director, Internships. The Toppel Career Center serves all undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Miami with the exception of Law, MBA and Medical students.
The Toppel Career Center’s mission is to empower and connect students to achieve a lifetime of career fulfillment. We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual to join our highly motivated team within a fast-paced environment.
- Support the comprehensive Toppel Internship Program by enrolling students in the program, sending out employer letters and monitoring completion of requirements
- Lead the approval of internship postings on Handshake, career management system and ensure that postings meet the criteria set forth by the Toppel Career Center; support Employer Engagement team in full-time approvals
- Revise internship manual and promotional material and updates as needed
- Oversee administration of assessment efforts and reports related to internships, and support the Associate Director of Assessment and Communication in departmental efforts
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director of Internships, co-facilitate Reflection Seminars each semester to process student’s internships and cultivate their career development
- Support the continued development of the InternU program, to provide on-campus departments the opportunity to convert existing roles into on-campus internships
- Assist in the production of program materials and informational publications
- Support the Assistant Director of Internships in targeting, cultivating and sustaining internship opportunities for University of Miami students
- In conjunction with all Toppel staff, initiate and build partnerships with employers to develop student opportunities for experiential endeavors locally, state-wide, nationally and internationally
- Keep staff informed on appropriate websites and resources related to internships
- Support Assistant Director, Internships in educating employers on developing internship descriptions and appealing programs that comply with legal, NACE, and campus regulations and policies. Provides employers with guidelines, policies, compensation information and referral to other employer services offered by the Career Center
- Works with career advisor team to infuse internship information into their workshops and to invite employers to participate in internship panels and networking events
- Develop new and maintain already created relationships across campus based on the center’s career education and liaison models
- Support the department’s Sebastian Closet professional dress clothing rental program
- Serve on internal and campus wide programming and planning committees
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have superior interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity.
- Proficiency with Windows environment including word processing, knowledge or database programs.
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and work independently as a leader and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of experience
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c103