Manager, App Sys Development (Mobile App)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-12
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
UHealth IT has an amazing opportunity for a Manager, Applications Systems Development that will coordinate and develop all IT and programming related activities for patient portal project and related mobile and web development projects. The incumbent helps design and develop new web applications, programs, and scripts for projects. The manager, applications systems development demonstrates experience in clinical and patient workflows. The incumbent needs to be a hands on technical manager in addition to managing technical team.
The primary job responsibilities are:
1. Works with business owners (Marketing and Clinical operations teams) and
representative user groups to understand and translate requirements and expectations
into technical design.
2. Manages the relationship with contracted external web development firm in setting the
timelines, goals and phased ongoing SOW.
3. Need to be hands on technical manager in addition to a people manager.
4. Oversees evaluation of technical system gaps in solution and documentation of
additional system requirements.
5. Performs yearly performance reviews, coaches the direct reports team for better
6. Ensures the documentation stays up to date and keeps up with the technological
improvements in the industry.
7. Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within
the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are
trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
Bachelor's Degree in relevant field required, Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience (5 years experience strongly preferred).
• Experience with Agile software development and Lean principles.
• Experience developing and managing a multi-year digital product roadmap.
• Experience developing and reporting on KPIs. Should be comfortable translating product
development success to business results.
• Experience with web and mobile analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Firebase.
• Need to be have technical background with strong application development and
• Strong understanding of healthcare business rules, operations and clinical workflows.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Knowledge of business and management principles.
• Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
• Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
• Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
• Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i106