Desktop Support Technician
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-12
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
UHealth IT is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to work at the Medical campus. The Desktop Support Technician provides technical user advice and support to academic and administrative staff for problems and questions related to network communications. The incumbent also monitors systems and advises senior staff of network application status.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Acts as first point of contact in the problem determination process, for desktop and
2. Provides quality customer service to all clients in a timely and professional manner.
3. Organizes and prioritizes support requests.
4. Monitors, administers, tracks, and verifies completion of help desk tickets.
5. Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop
computers, peripheral equipment, and software.
6. Prepares, installs, tests, and certifies any desktop configuration, including any software
7. Conducts basic troubleshooting for desktop and laptop computers.
8. Applies migration from previous PC and executes PC hardware moves.
9. Loads and configures software at desktop.
10. Verifies software is functional and escalates issues.
11. Decommissions any existing hardware that has been replaced.
12. Completes, updates, and closes Service Center tickets.
13. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
• Commitment to the University’s core values.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
• Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i102