Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Head Strength and Conditioning CoachSeptember 11, 2019Description
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Head Strength and Conditioning Coach in the Department of Athletics. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package. The Head Strength and Conditioning Coach reports to the Director of Athletics.
The Head Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for supporting the efforts of the Department of Athletics in the area of strength and conditioning for student-athletes in all sport programs.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Develop and implement individualized strength and conditioning programs for student-athletes/teams as assigned by sport programs.
- Independently manage, supervise and control the day-to-day operations of the varsity weight room.
- Ensure the weight room and all equipment is cleaned and organized daily and in compliance with health and safety mandates.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment, including weight machines and other strength conditioning equipment, including regular inspection, recommendation on repair/replacement as needed.
- Recommend new equipment for purchase to ensure that student-athletes have the equipment and resources needed to maximize their strength and conditioning efforts.
- Work compatibly and cooperatively with athletics administrative and support staff, sport coaches, and student-athletes.
- Includes working evenings and weekends performing duties during scheduled team and student-athlete practice or conditioning sessions and competitions, as assigned based on sport programs.
- Teach AWPE Strength and Conditioning classes.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate student workers.
- Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, HCAC and institutional rules and regulations that relate to this position as required.
- Maintain NCAA mandated certification(s).
- Be an active member of the Department of Athletics staff by attending staff meetings and other department-scheduled activities.
- Be responsive and timely with all requests from departmental support staff.
- Assist in game management duties for sport programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- NSCA (CSCS) or CSCCA (SCCC) certification is required.
- CPR certification is required.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, effective communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work productively with coaches, staff and student-athletes.
- Strength and conditioning experience within an intercollegiate athletics environment is preferred.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Conference and College rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Violation of NCAA and other College or Conference regulations shall be subject to possible disciplinary action.Application Instructions
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references as a single electronic file to the Earlham College Human Resources Office at: [email protected].
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.