Clerk III-Campus Center Retail Dining Clerk
Clerk III-Campus Center Retail Dining Clerk
Job no: 496378
Work type: Staff Full Time
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Blue Wall Cafe
Categories: Administrative/Office Support
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Performs clerical duties in support of the Campus Center Retail Dining Office. Including: receptionist duties; preparing correspondence; distributing signs and forms to Blue Wall/Harvest locations; answering inquiries; purchasing; creating marketing materials; and operating copy machine and other office equipment.
- Uses Microsoft Office suite applications to prepare letters and memoranda.
- Provides general office support (faxes and email).
- Process confidential documents (i.e. personnel actions, etc.)
- Uses various UMass Dining software to input food orders and run various sales and purchasing reports.
- Works with the Chef on collecting ingredient information for new menu items and submits them to the Dietitian.
- Maintains recipe books and prepares job aids.
- Maintains and updates various food safety systems.
- Delivers mail and communications to the Retail Dining staff. Serves as back-up for interdepartmental mail delivery.
- Prepares and maintains signs and marketing materials. Maintain checklists. Prints nutritional information. Provides administrative support for retail dining services. Designs and prepares forms and signage for Special Events.
- Serves as primary staff person for copying and troubleshooting problems with the printers in the 3 retail dining offices. Places orders through the Purchasing Department for paper and other consumables as well as placing service calls for the copy machines/printers.
- Orders and maintains an inventory of office supplies for the Campus Center Retail Dining Office.
- Receives telephone calls to the Campus Center Retail Dining Office in a courteous manner while directing them to the appropriate areas.
- Prepares weekly inventory reports and order history.
- Generates weekly product sales mix reports to track sales and product movement in the Harvest and Bluewall locations.
- Performs other duties/projects as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
High school diploma.
Minimum of one year experience in office work.
Considerable knowledge of business writing and math skills.
Considerable knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Basic knowledge of the principles of office operations and the ability to apply this knowledge to solving office problems.
Ability to give oral and written instructions in an understandable manner.
Ability to maintain good working relationships with other department employees and a diverse clientele.
- Ability to develop and incorporate new procedures from general instructions.
Monday-Friday. Working at night or on weekends is occasionally required in this job in order to support special events.
Grade 11- Step 1
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Sep 12 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 18 2019 Eastern Daylight Time