Mail Clerk I
Posting InformationPosting Information Posting Number2020014Posting/Functional TitleMail ClerkUniversity Pay Plan TitleMail Clerk ILocationSan MarcosDepartmentMail ServicesRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$2,358.23Job Category Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
A Mail Clerk I is required to have a valid State of Texas Driver’s License with less than 10 violation points.
Require prior experience in driving a delivery route.
Require prior experience running mail metering equipment.
Require computer skill using spreadsheets, internet searches and email.
Must be able to speak, read and write using English.
Require proof of prior experience where basic math skills were needed.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds by self.
Prior experience in customer service; answering phone calls and assisting customers.
Experience using a cash register.
Experience driving a cargo van.
Experience using warehouse equipment.
High School graduate or equivalent
Responsible for performing duties related to the University’s mail service.Job Duties
Incoming mail sorting and delivery. Preparing outgoing mail for delivery to the USPS. Maintaining Mail Services equipment. Assist Mail Clerk II with UPS package labeling, Business Reply, Postage Due, Permit 29 and Bulk Mailing. Assist with Print and Mail team projects.Additional Information to ApplicantsJob Open Date09/12/2019Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)09/26/2019Open Until FilledNoNormal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start8:00AMNormal Work Hours End5:00PMPosting NoticesApplicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- Veteran's Preference
- DD 214/DD1300
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you currently hold or have the ability to obtain a drivers license within 90 days of employment?