Administrative Assistant II
Posting InformationPosting Information Posting Number2020016Posting/Functional TitleAdministrative AssistantUniversity Pay Plan TitleAdministrative Assistant IILocationSan MarcosDepartmentComputer ScienceRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$3,000.00 - $3,300.00Job Category Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
•English proficiency: excellent reading, writing, typing, and oral communication skills
•Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
•Proficiency in using Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel
•Experience with various office equipment such as telephones, photocopiers, scanners, printers, and shredders
•Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills in diverse work situations, working as a team member and making independent decisions as needed
•High school diploma or GED
•In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
•Ability to create stylist postings for multiple media channels; Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content.
•Experience editing and maintaining website information
•Experience creating presentations with Microsoft PowerPoint
•Experience using Texas State systems , specifically but not limited to – SAP, Banner, CatsWeb, Logi, Travel Tracks, BOSS
•Experience working in a student-centered or customer-oriented environment
Responsible for providing administrative and general clerical support to management/staff within assigned division/department or unit.Job Duties
•Work in a team environment with Department of Computer Science office and IT staff, student workers, and faculty.
•Prepare and edit documents and correspondence.
• Collect and publish faculty office hours and syllabi.
• Support the Computer Science scholarship committee with applications and dispersing scholarship funds.
•Interact courteously and communicate effectively with others in person, on the phone, and through email.
•Coordinate facilities needs on behalf of the faculty and staff.
•Assist with planning, organizing & executing department events.
•Interpret and apply university policies and procedures at all levels (UPPS, PPS, College, and Department of Computer Science).
•Assist with recruiting efforts through marketing and outreach for prospective students to various colleges, businesses and other community locations.
•Coordinate the dissemination and collection of faculty evaluations.
•Manage/upload content for departmental monitors, posting boards, and social media sites.
•Facilitate textbook orders
•Assist faculty and students with travel requests and reimbursements.
•Perform other duties as assigned.
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).