Shenandoah University’s Office of Marketing and Communications is accepting applications for a Video Producer/Editor. This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester, Virginia.
The video producer/editor is responsible for all aspects of electronic media production, including videography, photography, editing, and distribution that showcase/highlight the diversity of Shenandoah’s experiences. We have over 200 areas of study in a diverse community across six locations and seven schools. Our videos are distributed via a variety of media channels, including social media, for external audiences. Adherence in the look and feel of video projects to the university brand is tantamount. The successful applicant will need to be able to function in an often fast-paced atmosphere, where quick turn-a-round of projects is necessary.
Additionally, a high volume of videos is regularly produced on a yearly basis. The video producer also oversees the inventory and maintenance of equipment as well as archiving of video assets for future use and preservation. This position also handles media server care and archival, while evaluating space requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal & external university clients, the Office of Marketing & Communications (OMC) staff as well as external vendors to produce effective video projects that align with Shenandoah University goals and OMC’s operating plan
- Prioritize projects based on the OMC “Core Four responsibilities” of Recruitment, Retention, Admissions and the Office of the President
- Ability to extract the defined core from footage to develop and shape a story for our external audiences that align with our Shenandoah University brand and OMC operating goals
- Participates in the process of developing story ideas for video and print and contributes to the overall creative vision for projects produced by OMC
- Serves as project manager for regularly produced programs as assigned and other specialty projects
- Advanced skills in non-linear video editing (Premiere Pro); photo editing (Lightroom); and motion graphics (After Effects)
- Understanding of all online distribution channels and viewing habits of each channel
- Executes current video trends in software and distribution to ensure the success of visual storytelling techniques
- Exceptional understanding of visual communication including the use of typography, composition and color theory
- Provides a positive role model and assists with educating/training students
- Develops prototypes for a proof of concept for video or motion
- Problem-solve quickly and remove obstacles effortlessly that jeopardize the success of video projects
- Execute simultaneous projects with tight deadlines and sees them through from concept to completion
- Primary point person for managing digital asset storage and archiving along with video equipment and storage locations
- Provides input and strategy for maximizing video reach across all OMC distribution channels including our website and social
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Team Member Collaboration:
On a regular basis, this position may be called upon to work collaboratively with any member of the OMC team including areas such as:
- Taking art direction from any of the graphic designers for video or print
- Working with the Web Team for specific project direction
- Working with the OMC staff tasked with managing our social media presence to provide for the best look and distribution of projects
- Working with Marketing Team to enhance student recruitment marketing plans with video or photography
- 5+ years of recent and relevant experience
- A degree in a course of studies such as television, video, or multimedia production or other related areas
- Advanced knowledge and skills of video production, including but not limited to electronic field production, field audio, and required desktop applications
- Advanced knowledge and prior experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Lightroom, and
- Understanding of YouTube publishing and data analytics as well as viewing habits for various social media platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills
- Ability to mentor, work with and relate well with student employees
- Proven ability as a creator of multimedia content
- Drone experience with a valid FAA license preferred
- Ability to bring assigned projects to completion within specified deadlines or timeframes
- Proven ability to do “quick turnaround” edited video projects
- Able to fill any position effectively on a production crew
- Effective communications
- Setting high-performance standards
- Functions effectively in a team-based atmosphere
- Concern for accuracy and effectiveness
- Flexibility with job function and working outside of normal hours
- Willing to go the extra mile to ensure the job is done in a timely manner
*Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of employment. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will also be required.
Complete application submissions will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. All noted documents must be submitted in order to receive full consideration.
Click HERE to apply for this position. Then click one of the “Resume/CV” button choices in the “Apply” box at the bottom of the posting to input your information. If this is the first time you will have applied to a Shenandoah University position using this process, please choose the “New” option. Be prepared to upload the previously referenced documents as you go through this process. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
To apply for this job please visit shenandoahuniversity-openhire.silkroad.com.