Administrative Assistant, Global Campus Programs
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-12
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Provides administrative support for the Center for Global Programs & Studies and ensures outstanding, responsive customer service. The Administrative Assistant is the first point of reception for all constituents visiting, calling, making inquiries to the Center, and coordinates the workflow in our high-volume office environment.
- Provides primary administrative support for the Center for Global Programs & Studies (GPS). Greets all visitors upon entry, determines needs, and directs accordingly.
- Answers main telephone line, responds to questions, schedules appointments via phone/email/walk-ins, maintains office calendar.
- Processes a high-volume of incoming materials related to study abroad, international student & scholar services, and global programs. Responsibilities include data entry, filing, scanning, copying, general mailings, etc.
- Responds to daily, general inquiries received via GPS office email account.
- Schedules reservations for GPS conference room, provides set-up prior to meetings, and completes basic cleaning/straightening after meetings.
- Maintains inventory of GPS office supplies and materials. Maintains reception & supply areas in an organized manner.
- Improves office systems to ensure efficient operations and delivery of outstanding customer service to all constituents.
- Assists with international travel forms for University constituents (faculty, staff, and students). Process forms, enter data, communicate frequently with constituents regarding follow-up steps, etc.
- Assists with intake & retrieval of immigration documents for international students, faculty, and staff.
- Assists with logistics and planning for departmental meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education & experience, plus three years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of superior customer service standards, with the ability to maintain composure & effectiveness when faced with difficult situations.
- Ability to prioritize duties in a multi-tasking, fast-paced professional environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to organize information and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in person, via email, and by phone.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with constituents reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives, and experiences.
- Ability to maintain knowledge on changing regulations, requirements, and procedures across the department and related entities.
- Proficiency using computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Applications, internet).
- Ability to learn and utilize new web-based software solutions.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience working with college students, in an educational context.
- Experience working with students and individuals from different cultural backgrounds.
- International travel experience.
- Proficiency using software applications: Workday, WordPress, Terra Dotta.
- Notary Public.
- Responsible for own work.
- May assist in providing direction and problem solving assistance for student workers.
This position will close at 12:01 a.m. EST on October 1, 2019.Time Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.