Programmer/Developer - University Press (121316)
University Press G & A
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
This position has primary responsibility for coding and maintaining web-based application systems and Linux server maintenance. Works with the Lead Developer to create specifications and coding policies to implement in online development. This position also contributes to design and development of in-house applications on the Filemaker platform. This position:
Maintains and upgrades as needed:
- Online IPAY applications: Journal Subscriptions, Conference Registrations, exam copy, subsidiary rights
- Society Portal systems
- OJS platform
- Linux operating system infrastructure
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to workflow management application development in Filemaker; coordinate with the IT Manager on implementation of departmental requests
- Code, implement and update all public facing web assets less hosted Journals. Oversee the operation of online journals subscription system; daily and real-time update of main website
- Manage and update Linux and Windows server assets including MSSQL
- Troubleshoot and assist staff on technical issues
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field.
- Three to Five years of experience in an IT environment including application development, web development; Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems
Successful Candidates will also have:
- Understanding of SQL database operations.
- Ability to think independently and creatively; significant problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize jobs; detail-oriented; manage deadlines.
- Familiarity with the Filemaker platform.
- Familiarity with NoSQL data systems, document data systems such as MongoDB.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This is a full-time Civil Service Information Technology Technical Associate position appointed on a 12 month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after October 25, 2019. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by October 25, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application. Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms. Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Melissa McMullen at [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.College Name or Administrative Unit:System Office Category:8-Technical Title:Programmer/Developer - University Press (121316) Open Date:09/11/2019 Close Date:10/25/2019 Organization Name:Univ Press G and A