Administrative and Events Support Associate
Posting InformationPosition Information Position TypePermanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?NoPosition TitleAdmin Support Associate - AdvancedWorking TitleAdministrative and Events Support AssociatePosition Number20019615Vacancy IDP010774Budgeted Hiring Range$35,000 - $42,000Pay Band Information
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade EquivalentGN06Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-LimitedFull-Time PermanentIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointmentHours per week40Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pmDepartment Name and NumberIE OPERATIONAL-201420Date First Posted09/11/2019Closing Date09/16/2019Position LocationChapel Hill, NCPosition Posting CategoryAdministrative/Clerical Support Position Summary Information Department Description
The Office of the Vice Chancellor of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (OVCIEED) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) work to strengthen UNC’s innovation ecosystem to meet the needs of faculty, students, staff and community members as they translate their novel ideas into practical benefit and change the world. One of the areas that the Office houses is Innovate Carolina, the pan-university network and ecosystem of support for innovation.Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative, events and program support to the Office of Innovate Carolina (IC) and its related programs and initiatives.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Event Planning tasks, such as: serve as the point of contact for all logistics for the Office of Innovate Carolina-hosted events (including, but not limited to: Innovation & Entrepreneurship network forums, a large annual Innovation Showcase, annual faculty entrepreneurship workshop, and 1789 workshops); facilitate logistics for externally supported events, including but not limited to: ACCelerate Festival, ACC Inventure Prize, Deshpande Symposium, etc.; arrange hospitality needs for programs either general or specific to meetings/events (e.g. scheduling rooms/venues, providing food/beverages when appropriate, arranging guest parking/transportation, making reservations, ensuring agenda and document(s) for discussion are prepared and distributed for meetings, etc.).
• General Office Administration tasks, such as: provide clerical and administrative support for the Office of Innovate Carolina team; serve as office coordinator (e.g. organize and manage all office supplies, etc.); scheduling, general correspondence, taking notes; help facilitate meeting preparation and set up in addition to recording and publishing meeting minutes as appropriate; manage and update contact lists for IC communication outreach; be the first point-of-contact for the IC network and general inquirers through management of the IC Inbox; coordinate travel arrangements as necessary.
• Provide calendar assistance to at least one member of senior leadership within the OVCIEED.
• Provide financial administration assistance for IC, when needed.
• Other ad hoc duties as assigned: the individual in this position will coordinate and complete special projects independently or in cooperation with other groups as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The selected candidate must have the following traits:
• Experience with event planning;
• Commitment to outstanding customer service;
• Ability to communicate effectively;
• Attention to detail;
• A working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution strongly preferred. The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of experience in a high-level administrative or executive assistant role and demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with event planning, calendaring and database systems would be ideal. The chosen candidate should have a high level of professionalism and customer service. Proficiency in use of standard office software and data technologies (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Salesforce CRM). Fluent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well willing to assist with software and teleconference usage. Experience working with UNC business systems is a plus.Required Licenses/Certifications Special Physical and Mental RequirementsPosition/Schedule RequirementsPosition AttributesStimulus/ARRA FundedNoQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/169041 Contact Information Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Administrative Support Associate position.
- High school diploma/GED
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in any field
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and office support experience to equal 4 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 3 years experience)
- None of the above
- * Do you have any previous experience in event planning?
- * Please provide a short overview of your event planning experience including the type of event, goals of the event, length of time of the event as well as the size of event.
(Open Ended Question)