Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleExecutive AssistantBand LevelJourneyWorking TitleExecutive AssistantSalary Range$31,200 - $71,976 Anticipated Hiring Range$48,000 - $53,000Salary Grade Equivalency64Position Number00043138Work ScheduleMonday - Friday 8-5Does the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department170101 - College of Sciences - DeanDepartmentCollege of Sciences - DeanJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The College of Sciences Academic Affairs office is an administrative unit of the College of Sciences. Academic Affairs has oversight of the activities related to college recruiting, admissions, advising, academic programs and student success, and all aspects of the educational environment in the College.
Academic Affairs provides services for undergraduate and graduate students, particularly for students underrepresented in the sciences as well as provide diversity training for students and staff.
Academic Affairs also enhances the academic success of our undergraduate and graduate students and provides diversity education for faculty, staff, and students in the College of Sciences.Essential Job Duties
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and to the Director of Undergraduate Enrollment in the College of Sciences. This role requires the ability to achieve understanding of the academic affairs services, policies and regulations, manage complex and multiple tasks, and be able to communicate effectively with the academic community.
The Executive Assistant will serve as the primary point of contact for faculty, staff, administrators, and students of the college on all issues related to academic affairs, which will require strong competency in prioritizing and addressing organizational needs regarding scheduling meetings, time-frames, and deadlines.
The Executive Assistant is expected to participate in activities that enhance academic success and to respond to faculty requests on course actions and to work with the departments on graduation clearance.
The Executive Assistant is also expected to manage the overall budget, monitor spending trends, and assist the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in budgeting-related issues.
In this role, the Executive Assistant, must be able to work independently and ensure deadlines are met in a timely fashion and interact appropriately with students, faculty staff, and external constituencies. The Executive Assistant will also serve as a liaison between administrators, faculty, students, and staff across campus and external constituencies for the purpose of relaying instructions and information on academic services, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations.
Inclusiveness and diversity are critical to the success of the College of Sciences and the University. The selected candidate will be expected to foster an environment that is supportive and welcoming of all groups.Other Work/ResponsibilitiesMinimum Experience/Education
High School diploma or equivalency and three years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; or graduation with an associate’s degree in Secretarial Science, Business Administration, or a related discipline and one year of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; or bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or a related discipline; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Proficiency with software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat or similar product.
Aptitude to become proficient with university software systems.
Must be able to work independently and maintain confidentiality.
Must be able to communicate clearly in oral and written communications as well as be able to proofread and edit written communications provided by the Associate Deans of Academic AffairsPreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Three or more years prior experience in providing extensive administrative support for an academic administrator.
Knowledge of academic policies, rules, and regulations as related to undergraduate and graduate students.Required License or Certification
In addition to your application please submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for at least 3 professional references.
Please make sure that the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history that is listed on your resume.Job Open Date09/12/2019Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)09/19/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date10/01/2019Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Executive Assistant position.
- Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate degree
- Associate's degree and 1 year of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience
- Combination of post-high school education and/or progressively responsible administrative/office management experience area to equal at least 3 years. (ex: Associate degree and 1 year of experience)
- High school diploma/GED and at least three years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and administrative/office management experience to equal 7 yrs. (1 year of high school & 6 yrs of related experience)
- None of the above
- * Do you have 3-5 years of previous experience working in an administrative support capacity?
- * Do you have administrative experience such as providing office support, scheduling, and composition of correspondence?
- * Please describe your experience working as an executive assistant or in a similar role.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel or similar software packages?
- * Please briefly describe your budget/account management experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References