Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleAdministrative Support SpecialistBand LevelAdvancedWorking TitleProject AssistantSalary Range$31,200 - $53,083Anticipated Hiring Range$40,000-$44,000 Commensurate with Education and ExperienceSalary Grade Equivalency63Position Number00101525Work ScheduleMonday - Friday, 8am - 5pm - some overtime may be required to meet agency deadlinesDoes the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department060101 - Office of Research & Innovation (ORI)DepartmentProposal Development UnitJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
As part of the commitment of the NCSU Office of Research and Innovation to developing and facilitating faculty research teams, the Proposal Development Unit provides unpaid consulting proposal developers for large-scale faculty proposal projects as resources and time permit. The PDU does not charge departments or colleges for its services, which may include:
- Consultation on proposal strategy
- Project team meeting facilitation to clarify project goals, implementation plans, and budgets
- Management of proposal schedule and communications
- Identification of additional faculty expertise and resources
- Planning and writing non-technical portions of the proposal (e.g., diversity, K-12 outreach, management, broader impacts, international program logistics, assessment, technology transfer, and/or economic development)
- Institutional data acquisition
- Proposal drafting, editing, and formatting
- Budget/justification preparation (including coordination of subcontract budgets) and submission for college research office approval
- Negotiation of cost sharing agreements
- Collection and formatting of CVs, current and pending support forms, and other information required from each participating researcher
- Drafting of letters of support/commitment for NCSU and partner organization officials
- Electronic submission on PINS, Grants.gov, NSF FastLane, etc.
- Coordination of funding agency site visits and review response reports.
The PDU Project Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative and project support to the Proposal Development Unit (PDU) and its Director.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Collecting and formatting proposal supporting documentation; reviews complex Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and advises faculty on requirements for supplemental documents.
-Coordinating the logistics of PDU-led meetings, teaming workshops, and training events, and for funding-agency on-site reviews
-Assisting the Director with calendar management, travel coordination, record keeping, presentation materials, and other related items, as needed
-Composing, reviewing, and editing correspondence including e-mails, letters, memoranda, newsletters, and reports
-Collecting and tracking PDU-related data; coordinates purchasing activities; meets administrative deadlines and milestones; is able to accurately prioritize items
-Monitoring the PDU budget, reconciles financial transactions for accuracy and compliance, regularly updates the PDU Director on expenditure patterns
- Designing and maintaining the PDU website and programmatic database
-Utilizing online survey tools to build and deliver surveys to PDU users; present data in graphical and tabular formats for analysis and reporting?
- Provide technical support for PDU as needed, including troubleshooting technical issues, submitting tickets to the IT help desk, and working with ORI offices to order new equipment.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the PDU for ORI administrative offices
This position requires a significant amount of local travel in support of various events.Minimum Experience/Education
High School Diploma or equivalency and one year of related office experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Departmental Required Skills
Demonstrated people and communications skills; ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
Experience in management of computer systems and applications, including web-based videoconferencing, document sharing, and database construction/management, WordPress or other CMS tools, and MS Office.
Experience in event management and logistics.
Ability to focus on details in demanding, deadline-driven situations.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Bachelor’s degree with at least three years experience in working in a deadline-driven environment.
Administrative support experience in a professional environment.
NC State University experience.Required License or Certification
NC Driver’s LicenseSpecial Instructions
Please attach cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Please make sure the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.
Previous applicants do not need to reapply.Job Open Date07/19/2019Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)09/16/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date09/23/2019Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Administrative Support Specialist position.
- High school diploma/GED and at least one year of office support experience
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in any field
- Combination of post high school education and/or experience in office support to equal at least 1 year
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and office support experience to equal 5 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 4 years experience)
- None of the above
- * Do you have previous professional administrative experience?
- * Please describe your professional experience in an administrative role, specifically how it relates to this job, below.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References