Accessibility Services Coordinator
Receiving specific direction from the Assistant Dean of Students, this position is accountable to independently facilitate a supportive environment for academic success through the College’s Accessibility Services Program. The position is responsible for ensuring equal access and opportunity to all college services for students diagnosed with physical, developmental, cognitive, and/or mental disabilities.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with students diagnosed with a physical, developmental, cognitive, and/or mental disability to determine reasonable accommodations/adaptations and coordinate with faculty and other College offices to ensure they are provided. This includes, but is not limited to: scheduling tests/exams in alternative sites, providing access to learning assistive technology, coordinating with the Director of Learning Support Services to coordinate tutoring, etc
- Ensure that Maria College and its services remain compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), in conjunction with the Department of Finance and Administration and Student Affairs.
- Establish the document tracking and maintenance procedures for the Disability Services Program.
- Conducts student intake sessions, processes documentation and produces academic accommodation letters
- Manages the operations of the College’s designated alternative testing room
- Supervises testing proctors and support staff
- Maintain accurate record of all students registered with Disabilities Services and maintain confidentiality as set forth by FERPA and ADA standards.
- Educate faculty about reasonable accommodations, effective strategies for engaging students with disabilities, and current research and methodologies for effective teaching strategy.
- Assist in explaining, clarifying and communicating disabilities services standards and laws to faculty and staff, when required or requested.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures related to student disability services.
- Direct experience working with laws and regulations that support students with disabilities
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Experienced working with students with learning differences
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, Counselor Education, Social Work, or related field required.
- Prior experience with college student population and/or experience dealing within a disability service setting preferred. Skilled in providing seminar/workshop-type education to college aged population.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and a list of 3 references to: [email protected] with “Accessibility Services Coordinator” as the subject.
Maria College is a nonprofit, independent, coeducational institution which does not discriminate in its enrollment or employment practices for any reason including race, sex, color, national origin, creed, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local laws and ordinances. Information about the services, activities and facilities accessible to students or prospective students with disabilities regarding Title 504 may be obtained from Kim Noakes in Accessibility Services in Mercy Hall at (518) 861-2508; information about the services, activities and facilities accessible to employees or prospective employees with disabilities regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act may be obtained from Rosalyn Vazquez at (518) 861-2580.
Apply for Accessibility Services Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly