Position InformationPosition Information Present Position NumberH0308WRole Code TitleAdmin & Office Specialist IIIPosition TitleAdministrative AssistantPosition Summary
Provide professional administrative and clerical support to the Offices of University Counsel and Compliance & Equity. Serve as the office suite receptionist. Provide friendly and helpful customer service to students, employees and visitors. Maintain staff calendars, arrange for appointments, meetings and travel. Carry out standard office business functions, including purchasing, submission of travel documentation, submission of other financial operations forms. Assist in maintenance of departmental websites and creation of educational materials for campus constituents. Assist in maintenance and filing of departmental records and standard forms and documents. Assist with preparation and coordination of Title IX conferences/hearings. Communicates with office visitors and constituentsRequired Qualifications
•High school graduate or equivalent;
•Several years of relevant professional experience and/or customer service experience
•Customer Service Skills including patience, listening, positive attitude, empathy and ability to deescalate tense situations
•Ability to work with a diverse population of students, staff and faculty
•Proficiency in standard office suite packages (i.e., Microsoft Office) and webpage management software (i.e. Cascade);
•Demonstrated ability to quickly develop familiarity with and follow applicable policies and procedures;
•Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills;
•Demonstrated ability to be organized, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
•One year or more of experience working in an institution of higher education or legal environment providing administrative support and/or customer service
•Prior experience with case management database
•Knowledge of eVA purchasing system
U04Job Open Date09/11/2019Review Begin DateJob Close Date09/18/2019Open Until FilledNoEmployment CategoryHourlyPosition Term12 Month - ContinuingSpecial Application InstructionsConditions of Employment:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information.
- This is an hourly position subject to the limitations of the Virginia Manpower Control Program and total hours worked may not exceed on average 29 hours per week, over the course of a twelve month period beginning May 1 each year.
- This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.
William & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.Background Check Statement
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Supplemental Question
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience do you have in providing administrative support?
- 1 or less
- 2 to 4
- 5 or more
- * Do you have experience with Library of Virginia records retention schedules and policies?
- * Do you have experience with Commonwealth of Virginia-specific purchasing processes (e.g. eVA)?
- * Do you have experience with purchasing via institutional or corporate credit card?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Other Doc
- Other 2