Admissions Multimedia Student Outreach Supervisor
Category:: Administrative / Staff
Department:: 01-52-5260-Trad Admissions
Locations:: Longmeadow, MA
Posted:: Sep 11, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Hourly (Non-Exempt)
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: TBD
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with regular weekly evening hours
- Schedule: M-F with some weekends
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA Campus
The Admissions Multimedia Student Outreach Supervisor focuses primarily on direct student recruitment by ethically communicating the value of a Bay Path University education and college experience to prospective students and influencers. The Admissions Multimedia Student Outreach Supervisor ensures that the team of student outreach work study students are productive, logging the information gathered from prospective students in the proper manner and with accuracy, and disseminating information to the team on important messages for each week. Primary communication is done via the telephone, email, text, and social media platforms.
The Admissions Multimedia Student Outreach Supervisor hires, trains, and supervises a team of student outreach work study students. As well, they will support the Associate Director of First Year Recruitment, Dean of Transfer Recruitment and Community Partnerships, and the Director of Events in enrollment initiatives and priorities.
The Admissions Multimedia Student Outreach Supervisor will report to the Associate Director of First Year Recruitment. The willingness and ability to work flexible schedules that includes weekly evening hours and some weekends is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively and ethically communicate with prospective students and their influencers (e.g. family members, guidance counselors, coaches, etc.) via the combined use of phone, text, email, and social media platforms.
- Manage prospective student outreach efforts (calls, texts, emails, direct mail) to encourage dialogue, application, and campus visits registrations.
- Plan daily outreach to students and influencers.
- Quickly become proficient in knowledge of and ability to communicate the importance of:
- Academic programs and faculty
- Co-curricular activities
- Financial aid
- Outcomes of graduates
- Campus facilities
- Pathways for graduate degrees
- This position will support the admissions team by reviewing student applications, performing tentative credit evaluations for transfer students, interviewing students, and assisting students from acceptance through matriculation.
- Maintain the necessary level of student outreach coverage throughout the week not to go below 10 hours.
- Develop contests, awards and themes that increase the student worker's motivation and focus.
- Engage in a minimum of 10 hours per week in own personal student outreach.
- Comply with all necessary systems and data entry requirements as needed to effectively maintain student records and to account for outreach efforts.
- Work within the customer relationship management system and any other software required.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform other duties and take on additional responsibilities as requested by the University.
- Associates degree required, bachelors preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects and meet required deadlines with little supervision.
- Exceptional customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and customer relationship management software.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course (within 15-days of hire) and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPPA guidelines.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to represent the admissions profession positively through a strong, student-centered ethic.
- Must work flexible and extended schedule including weekends, evenings and overnights.
- Is committed to a culture of diversity and respect; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role of this position in achieving those goals.
- Conscious awareness and mindfulness for others.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.