Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code AA-CIR3 in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
A background check is not required for this position.
Job Details Title:
Coordinator of Institutional ResearchAnnounce date:
10/16/2023Apply by date:
Accepting ApplicationsPosition type:
$53,900 per year Working Hours:
Working hours for this position consist of a 7.5 hour period Monday through Friday exclusive of a 1/2 or 1 hour lunch. Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment. Some remote work may be “possible”. Summary:
Establishes and maintains institutional databases to support institutional research activities, long-range planning and other institutional decision-making needs; provides technical assistance to other departments in their research activities; directs the collection and dissemination of data to external agencies; provides technical support around grant development activities; conducts special projects as directed by the Dean of Assessment , Research, and Planning.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establish and maintain institutional databases to support institutional research activities, long-range planning and other institutional decision making needs.
2. Provide statistical, informational and administrative support to the various departments at the College, and other committees using existing databases, reports, or data obtained from such sources as libraries, the internet, federal agencies, state agencies, accrediting agencies, and other research departments, etc.
3. Prepare and submit state and federal reports such as surveys of our educational programs, enrollment, post secondary completions, institutional characteristics, etc.
4. Conduct and supervise semi-annual, bi-annual, or annual surveys and studies such as graduate follow-up, employer follow-up, non-returning students, etc.
5. Collect, collate, and analyze research and program evaluation data; synthesizes data, and write reports.
6. Develop and insure the use of proper confidentiality protocols around the handling of highly sensitive research and planning information.
7. Collect, synthesize, and analyze data from many sources in order to discover trends, attitudes, and other hidden information that may be useful in addressing institutional deficiencies.
8. Provide support to supervisor for managing and meeting ad-hoc reporting requests.
9. Develop and maintain databases and reporting spreadsheets to support the development of profiles for enrolled students, graduates, and students who transferred.
10. Develop and maintain a system for documenting office reporting protocols for the purpose of facilitating continuity of operation when an employee is absent or leaves.
11. Produce reports in support of enrollment management and recruitment.
12. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.Supervisory Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with upper division coursework in statistical and research techniques, and advanced database querying skills using SQL (structured query language).Advanced skill and experience with Statistical, Word Processing, and Spreadsheet software required.
Three (3) years’ experience in statistical research, database administration, strategic planning or a related field is required.Communication Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.Mathematical Skills
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply Boolean logic.Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have advanced database querying skills using SQL (structured query language), and have advanced knowledge of Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, and Statistical software.Other Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and simultaneously with minimal supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.