What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeTeachEngineering Digital Library Application
- Maintain and expand the TeachEngineering digital library system. Engage with internal and external customers, such as the National Academy of Engineering (NAE), the National Science Teaching Association (NSTA), and the National Science Foundation (NSF) to capture and refine system requirements and provide project status updates throughout the digital library system development process.
- Prioritize projects and requests to meet the delivery schedules of new application releases in an agile development environment.
- Actively seek out new and innovative ways to extend the reach and impact of the TeachEngineering digital library.
- Stays abreast of system usage and performance impact numbers and trends, providing independent analysis of changes in trends.
- Routinely research and perform search engine optimization tasks to increase user impact, which involves both application software changes, and supporting editorial and design changes.
- Maintain and improve proprietary .NET applications and databases, ensuring industry best-practices are applied.
- Continually develop relational and document databases in the support of high-impact production applications.
- Collaborate with the internal ITL Program IT staff on software and/or system changes to continuously improve functionality, system, and application performance.
- Keep up-to-date with web development skills and technologies to apply best practices in the areas of security, performance and usability.
- Focus on building solutions that run efficiently and reliably in a large computing environment, with a constant eye on usability and maintainability.
- Continue to develop skills and knowledge within modern development environments and frameworks, such as Visual Studio and Microsoft .NET.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Brilliant. Be Diverse. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related software development field. Experience in development, design and implementation of software systems, Microsoft SQL, and web applications.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems in a timely manner in a high-impact and fast-paced environment.
- Dedication to personal and professional growth.
- Ability to collaborate with customers of varying technical ability and background tactfully.
- Knowledge in designing, implementing, and maintaining Microsoft SQL databases to modern best practices and security standards.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political and geographical differences, with the ability to work well with faculty, staff, students and other individuals from around the world.
- Two or more years of professional experience in the development, design, and implementation of software systems, Microsoft SQL, and web applications.
- A proven background of customer service and engagement.
- A consistent willingness to innovate and improve is highly desirable.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by September 29, 2019 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.