Posting DetailsClassification Information Classification TitlePosition Category Position Information Working TitleEvents ManagerJob Summary
The Events Manager leads the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of conferences, meetings, and other student and university events. This position conducts interviews with clients to determine the services needed and all appropriate facilities required; provides professional guidance and makes recommendations to best match needs and expectations. May be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically delineated in this description.
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate a high level of creativity, resourcefulness, strategic planning and dynamic decision-making
• Market and rent campus facilities and space to internal and external constituents
• Respond to reservation requests and complete appropriate documents for rental to external constituents
• Supervise hiring, training, and development of event staff and volunteers
• Provide information for the production, design and accuracy of printed programs, invitations and brochures for events; ensure compliance with policies and branding
• Advise various offices and student organizations of policy and procedures for information to be submitted for publications
• Recommend new procedures and policies
• Prepare contracts and invoices and monitor the collection of fees; provide payment information per guidelines
• Provide logistical support to students/units/departments in scheduling, planning and coordinating events sponsored by specific units
• Provide on-site support to include after hours and weekend events
• Oversee and/or assist with event set-up as needed
• Ensure event exits are clearly marked and clear of obstructions; brief staff and volunteers on emergency plans and safety information
• Advise the Vice President of Business and Financial Affairs concerning the decision to sponsor specific events to ensure such events are consistent with the vision, mission, strategic plan and high standards of the University
• Work cooperatively with Facilities, Information Technology, and Public Safety in delivery of services; coordinate audio-visual support as needed
• Maintain an annual calendar of special events that maximizes potential impact and benefits in critical areas of donor stewardship and recognition, community relations, alumni relations, etc.
• Perform related duties as may be required
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in event planning, management, and staging or very closely related duties; demonstrated ability to plan and design unique event themes that further strategic initiatives of an organization; minimum two years of experience supervising and managing personnel in a professional environment. Must possess demonstrated organizational and time management skills with ability to pay attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving and customer service skills.Preferred QualificationsSpecial Information to Applicants
Savannah State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records State.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Your application is not considered complete until all required documents have been uploaded to the appropriate section.
Complete application online https://jobs.savannahstate.edu. Submit cover letter, current resume, transcript(s) and two professional references.
Review of applications will begin September 25, 2019. To ensure consideration, please apply be this date. This position will remain open until filled.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Savannah State University Website
- Savannah State University Employee
- * Do you have a Bachelor Degree or higher?
- * Do you have a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience (i.e. Business Communications, Environment of Business, etc.)?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Other Document