Library Services Specialist
Library Services Specialist
Position Title: Library Services Specialist
Reports To: Director of Library Services
Starting Salary: $40,138.00
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
Provides service to library users at the service desk & beyond. This position coordinates and supports services for library operations, recruits, hires, trains and oversees student assistants, handles material check-out, returns, and provides assistance in locating the use of library resources.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Associate's degree
- 2 years' demonstrated library service experience with library related technologies
- 2 years' experience in customer service or public service
- 2 years' fiduciary experience, including experience with purchasing and budget reconciliation
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer databases, Microsoft suit, cloud-based platforms, Google suite
- Experience using databases (library catalogs) to locate information & resources
- Knowledge of library resources and policies (inventory shifts with books and shelves)
- Supervisory experience
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time, 40+ hour per week position.
Applications must be received by September 26, 2019. Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs For assistance call 231-995-1025 or 1-800-748-0566 x51025 or email [email protected] .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to reviewJob Location Traverse City, Michigan, United States Salary 40,138.00 - 40,138.00 USD Special Instructions to Applicants Please attach resume, cover letter and transcripts to your online application at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. Official transcripts will be required of all finalists. Please mail to: Northwestern Michigan College Attention: Human Resources 1701 E Front Street Traverse City, MI 49686. or e-mail to: [email protected]
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency