Scholarship Programs Administrator (Administrative Manager 1), UCP 6
Job Title: Scholarship Programs Administrator (Administrative Manager 1), UCP 6
Location: Storrs Campus
Job ID: 2020132
The University of Connecticut is seeking a self-motivated Scholarship Manager, to perform a wide range of complex administrative functions. Duties will include ensuring the delivery and implementation of scholarship awarding in line with University and UConn Foundation policies and agreements, management of the institutional scholarship disbursement system, reconciliation of institutional, UConn Foundation, and external scholarship programs, strategically evaluate and create processes to best meet institutional goals, serve as the campus liaison to internal and external scholarship partners, and provide superior student service.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or University accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Two years of experience in financial aid or scholarship administration in a comprehensive university or college environment with a demonstrated progression of managerial responsibility or Master’s degree and at least one year of experience in financial aid administration.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and decision-making ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with students, the public, University community and external constituencies.
- Advanced degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge in managing scholarship programs.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Student Administration System.
This is a full-time, twelve-month position. Salary will be competitive, commensurate with education and experience.
Please apply online at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions, Search #2020132. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application outlining experience relative to each position requirement, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references. Review of applicants will begin immediately.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2020132)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on October 2, 2019.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://hcmprodweb.psoft.uconn.edu/psp/HRPRCGA_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;