Collection Development Assistant - Musselman Library
Posting DetailsEmployment Opportunity Job TitleCollection Development Assistant - Musselman LibraryDepartmentLibrary Technical ServicesPosition Summary
Gettysburg College seeks a full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) service-oriented Collection Development Assistant to work in the Library.
The collection development assistant will implement assessments of collections, space, and services; update and maintain e-resource licenses, process in-kind gifts; process media requests; support course reserves; gather and interpret statistics for reporting; fulfill interlibrary-loan requests.Qualifications
Skills and knowledge:
•A high school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
•Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
•Excellent attention to detail.
•Strong commitment to customer service.
•Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
•Knowledge of Library of Congress Classification preferred.
•Experience with integrated library system and library software preferred.
•Comfort with and ability to learn new software technologies.
•Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
•Demonstrated commitment to participating in and building an inclusive, equitable and diverse campus community.
Application materials must be received by September 27, 2019.
Status: Full-Time Support Staff
Hourly rate: $15.00 to $16.50 per hourPosting Number20100592AEEO Statement
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Frederick News Post – Local Newspaper
- Gettysburg College Digest
- Gettysburg College Website
- Gettysburg Times – Local Newspaper
- Hanover Evening Sun – Local Newspaper
- LGBT in Higher Ed Website
- Merchandiser – Local Newspaper
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News – Local Newspaper
- Referral from Gettysburg College staff, faculty, friend or family member
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Women in Higher Ed Website
- Other Website or Listserv (Please note specific website or listserv below)
- Other Source (Please note other specific source below)
- If you noted "Other website or Listserv" or "Other source" above, please let us know specifically where you heard about this employment vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter