Business Administrative Coordinator
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleBusiness Administrative CoordinatorDepartmentNOVA SySTEMicPosting Number03436PLocationManassas, VA: 20109Full or Part TimeFull TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredSalary Range$57,000 - $67,000 Position Summary Information Basic Function
NOVA SySTEMic is Northern Virginia Community College’s STEM outreach program. We’re passionate about developing a pipeline of student-centered activities from elementary school to career, building the STEM workforce of the future in the process.
This position will plan and coordinate administrative and support services for NOVA SySTEMic and the NOVA Fab Lab located at Manassas’ Battleview Technology Center. The position provides administrative and operational oversight of the college wide NOVA SySTEMic program.
This position is funded with non-continuous or non-recurring funding and is subject to continuation based on fiscal year funds and the needs of the college.Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages complex administrative activities related to fiscal management, Human Resources, procurement and other administrative activities. The position will coordinate administrative and financial processes with the NOVA Foundation for sponsor supported programs and activities.
-Responsible for managing unit ordering, invoices, payments, checks and maintaining accurate records. The ideal candidate will produce financial reports and effectively communicate across multiple office to manage workflow.
- Coordinates the administrative processes related to Human Resources for contract Staff and support hiring committees with scheduling and organizing HR processes for NOVA SySTEMic.
- Coordinates calendars for programs and activities, and support inventory of equipment and supplies through their knowledge of administrative software and processes to plan and coordinate administrative and support services across multiple campuses.
Associate degree in Business Administration or related field; or equivalent applicable experience or training
Previous office experience in all areas of office management to include budget , office practices and procedures. Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
Bachelor’s degree. Experience working in an educational environment, experience with project management and data management processes.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Demonstrated working knowledge in all areas of office management including the ability to manage office workload. Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills; attention to detail; note taking skills at the advanced level; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to interact with the public and peers with tact and professionalism. Demonstrated ability to work independently and within the team for completion of specific projects; ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.Operation of a State VehicleOccasional Posting Detail Information Open Date09/11/2019Close Date09/25/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
This position is funded with non-continuous or non-recurring funding and is subject to continuation based on fiscal year funds and the needs of the college.Background Check StatementAdditional InformationSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate degree in Business Administration or related field; or equivalent applicable experience or training?
- * Please describe any experience you have in providing administrative support for a multi-campus program?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe any experience you have in managing and reporting on procurement and inventory of equipment and supplies?
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application