Program Manager, The Center for Judaic Studies
The Center for Judaic Studies (CJS) is an interdisciplinary academic unit offering a wide range of courses in Judaic Studies. CJS houses 5 joint-appointed faculty, offers a minor in Judaic Studies, participates in a number of MA and PhD programs, and organizes a variety of annual campus and public events. CJS is home to the Holocaust Awareness Institute, the Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society, and an Interfaith Chair appointment. CJS works to advance knowledge of Jewish history, thought, and culture through learning, intercultural dialogue, and social action.
This position manages many annual events and oversees marketing and PR. The position works closely with the Director of CJS, the Director of the Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society, and the Interfaith Chair. The position also oversees and assigns tasks to the Assistant to the Director, part-time staff, and student workers.
Program and Team Management
- Manages programming and events in coordination with the CAHSS marketing and communications and Advancement teams.
- This position is responsible for planning and managing events including creating and managing timelines and coordinating flow of office activities leading up to, during, and after events which includes assigning tasks to other office staff and student employees; creating and revising budgets with the Director; creating and managing invitations; assessing event success; promoting events through flyers, social media, and other relevant avenues; approving final event details such as budgets, venues, and menus.
- Works closely with the Director of CJS, the Director of the Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society, and with the Interfaith Chair on annual events and initiatives.
- Works with the CAHSS alumni engagement team to create and manage attendance lists.
Marketing, PR, Communications
- This position manages and implements action plans for classroom tie-ins, campus collaborations, community partnerships, and donor stewardship.
- This position works with on and off campus media outlets to publish timely information, such as press releases, brochures, and other materials while ensuring that the Centers communication strategy is consistent and reflects our organizations vision.
- Maintains the University, College and unit brand standards, in addition to following industry best practices.
- Management of social media, monthly e-newsletters, and web content
- Produces and publishes mass communications with email newsletters and marketing campaigns on and off campus, and maintains website and social media so as to ensure brand message is consistent, timely, and relevant.
- Serves as primary social media manager for the unit, in coordination with the CAHSS digital communications manager, managing efforts to build brand awareness and reputation, increase growth and engagement, and convert users.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills required.
- Ability to write and review publicity and marketing materials required.
- Excellent reasoning ability and orientation to details required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent computer skills.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Adherence to multiple deadlines is essential.
- Must be able to perform in standard office environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2 years professional experience in event planning, including experience overseeing and coordinating with teams of staff
- More than 2 years professional experience in event planning, including experience overseeing and coordinating with teams of staff
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Graphic design experience
Generally 8:00-4:30, but some night and weekend hours may be needed for events.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on September 25, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.