Director, Web Strategy
Program Director (PAD3)
Pay grade: 6A
Percent of time: 100%
Department: Strategic Communication
Location: Plaza Center One (PCO) Building
Staff type: Professional & Scientific
Type of position: Regular
Salary: $90,000 to commensurate
The Director of Web Strategy will lead a cohesive approach to the university web presence that aligns technical delivery of websites with brand and marketing objectives. The ideal candidate will be adept at managing and working with vendors, developers, creatives, strategists, and designers on high-profile web and software projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will need to be a consensus builder, who can provide direction and leadership in a distributed and decentralized environment of web developers and stakeholders.
The qualified candidate will also serve as product owner for a portfolio of prime external facing university web properties and will actively manage and evolve them to deliver exceptional digital experiences to current & prospective students, faculty & staff, community, and other university audiences.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Direct the strategic investments and manage the backlog for a growing portfolio of public-facing web properties
- Represent brand and marketing perspectives on university-wide IT projects including (but not limited to) high-profile websites and web-initiatives from campus-wide clients, accessibility steering committees, CMS/Drupal Steering Committees, Privacy/GDPR steering committees, DSN policy committees, and more.
- Understand the elements of technical SEO in an enterprise ecosystem and use this expertise to guide and inform projects and development across campus.
- Collaborate with ITS Web Developers and other campus partners to define and execute on web strategy initiatives that leverage technical expertise to addresses business needs while accommodating brand.
- Collaborate with ITS Web Developers build and maintain a modern web presence that supports the best possible user experience and support the university’s marketing strategy.
- Provide consultative support and training for campus web projects, stakeholders, and distributed web professionals including advising the university's web content managers on best practices
- Partner effectively with OSC leaders to ensure synergy across UI communication vehicles including print, social, news, and more.
- Lead ongoing analysis and reporting via Google Analytics and/or other platforms to ensure continual learning and improvement.
- Foster a university web community by collaborating with ITS and collegiate web developers to share ideas, resources, and best practices.
- Stay current with industry trends in online communications and marketing technologies and implement new technologies where they present opportunities for the university.