Clinical Lab Scientist - Core Lab, Evenings (Relocate to Charlottesville, VA)
Job location: National
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-10
Relocation assistance available per UVA Medical Center policy.
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an Clinical Lab Scientist 1.
Responsible for performing complex procedures for clinical diagnostic purposes. Serves as a trainer and a role model.
- Performs Patient and Quality Control (QC) testing, develops skills and maintains competency in routine and assigned laboratory areas.
- Maintains proper inventories and correctly uses supplies and reagents.
- Performs advanced equipment trouble-shooting and equipment maintenance.
- Ensures a smooth transition to the next shift.
- Participates in quality safety and compliance programs.
- Investigates documents and resolves problems or complaints.
- Serves as trainer and role model for Clinical Laboratory Scientist 1 staff and health care professional students.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Associate Degree in Medical; Laboratory Technology (MLT)
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in MT/CLS, 0 years; Bachelor’s in Bio/Chem 3 years; MLT-4 years.
Licensure: ASCP or equivalent certification within 18 months of hire.
The department will only consider candidates that have either medical laboratory experience or training.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods; Repetitive motion: typing. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.