Dean, Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
Department:: Academic Affairs
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Sep 11, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
The Dean of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences is responsible for faculty/staff management; curriculum development; academic planning; student learning and program outcome assessment; program review and evaluation; strategic planning; management of the academic course schedule; and restricted/unrestricted budget management for all academic departments assigned to the division.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead the development and implementation of programs which are consistent with the mission of the college and that meet the evolving needs of the community and its students.
- Ensure implementation of all provisions of collective bargaining agreements for all faculty and staff in the division.
- Provide leadership to faculty and guide tenure and post-tenure procedures.
- Manage restricted and unrestricted budgets in compliance with Board Policies, state and federal law.
- Lead the process of program accreditation and preparation of self study reports and site visits. Ensure programs and curricula align with requirements of state and federal regulating agencies and external accrediting organizations.
- Maintain an ongoing divisional educational plan with annual goals and objectives to meet instructional needs.
- Represent divisional concerns and needs to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs.
- Participate in community activities, including advisory boards, to ensure relevance of curricula.
- Develop articulation agreements to reduce barriers to student success and degree completion.
- Engage in professional develop to maintain and develop areas of professional expertise.
- Demonstrate support for the college staff diversity plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Earned Doctorate Degree in appropriate discipline or Master's Degree with 10 years of experience.
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Three years of professional work experience in higher education administration.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a multicultural setting.
- Competent in the use of MicroSoft office suite.
- Current Massachusetts Driver's License
- Teaching experience in a community college setting.
- Expertise in conflict resolution
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
- This is a full time position.
- To be considered for this position, applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references.
- This position is open until filled.