This full time position is responsible for planning, developing and maintaining the infrastructure of the University website(s) and related services to include application development while ensuring adherence to industry best practice and innovation. Working closely and collaboratively with Marketing & Communications and Information Technology Services, the Web Developer will assess, coordinate, and execute modifications to HTML5 CSS3-driven layouts, create design templates, and design aesthetic elements to complement site architecture while incorporating strong branding initiatives with primary emphasis on the iwu.edu website as a student recruitment and fundraising vehicle.
- Web Server Maintenance: Maintain web servers on RHEL 7 platforms. Be efficient with Apache and know how to configure and diagnose problems. Maintain remote web servers and mirror configurations and content from main server.
- Maintain current PHP/MySQL databases. Code new PHP based projects with MySQL backends. Update active projects as required from students, faculty & staff.
- Configure site-wide settings to our content management system (OU Campus).
- Maintain code base for various projects. Run script to implement new code changes for various projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience.
- Linux/Unix and Windows systems administration experience.
- Effective analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under the pressure of deadlines.
Please send a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references to Human Resources. Within your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of this opening. The University is committed to an environment of diversity and inclusion. Please feel free to share any opportunities you have had in collaborating in a diverse, multicultural and inclusive setting. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html.
Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.