ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAM
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy IDS2502Job TitleADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAMDepartmentHealth Science and Human Perf/SmiddySchool/Parent OrganizationHealth Science and Human Perf/Smiddy Parent OrgDivisionProvost and Academic Affairs DivisionEmployment CategoryFulltime-RegularAnticipated start date09/16/2019If temporary, expected end dateHours per week37.5Weeks Per Year52Normal Start TimeNormal End TimePosition/Job Summary
The Administrative Assistant will support the Program Director, Medical Director, Program faculty, and Instructional (part-time) faculty in managing the day-to-day operations of the Physician Assistant program.Position/Job Responsibilities
1. Assist the Program Director with all aspects of the accreditation self-study and accreditation process.
2. Assist Program Director in maintaining program budget and responsibilities for requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, purchasing card and travel card reconciliation while ensuring all purchases are following institutional policy and procedures.
3. Book travel and all necessary registration for conferences for both students and faculty.
4. Schedule rooms for classes, meetings and workshops.
5. Schedule appointments and maintain calendar for the Program Director.
6. Maintain program records in compliance with ARC-PA and NY state standards.
7. Manage the office environment, including overseeing office supplies.
8. Oversee the department’s electronic devices and work with IT to ensure they are in good working order.
9. Coordinate and organize events such as orientation, graduation, admission interviews, faculty retreats, and student involvement events for the PA program.
10. Assist with School of Health Sciences and Human Performance events in cooperation with the other administrative assistants and the Dean’s Office Manager.
11. Process credentialing paperwork for alumni.
12. Assist with program hiring documentation.
13. Assist with admission phone inquiries, processing applicants, and the interview process.
14. Coordinate tours and rooms for interviews.
15. Handle department correspondence including mail, emails, phone calls etc..
16. Act as a liaison between students, faculty, and other IC departments/offices.
17. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
18. Hire and supervise student employees.
19. Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director and Dean.Position/Job Qualifications
Associate’s Degree and 1-2 years’ office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills; ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a busy environment; ability to work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment; comfortable with office/computer technology and software programs; must maintain a high level of confidentiality, be detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects at one time; able to work cooperatively in a team while also being self-motivated and requiring minimal supervision; ability to prioritize work and strong work ethic required. Experience working in a college or university is preferred.EEO Statement
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.Work authorization (select one):Visa sponsorship is not provided for this positionDepartment descriptionCollege Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.eduMarket Hiring Range$16.20 - $20.65FLSA StatusNon-ExemptIs this position eligible for benefits?YesQuick Linkhttp://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/16514Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).