Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Accountant II in the SOM Dept. of Ophthalmology will perform a wide range of tasks involving the maintenance, analysis, interpretation and reporting of financial accounting data and the application of generally accepted accounting principles and theories in the management of financial accounts and operations and other related activities. This includes maintenance of highly diverse accounts, financial analysis and reporting, participating in the preparation of budget work programs, reconciliation of accounting data, reviewing and processing financial documents for payment, maintaining payroll data and processing monthly payrolls, and similar responsibilities. Will prepare annual budget for review by Chair. Will manage invoicing and collection on department contracts. Will prepare and distribute clinical production reports. Will prepare and assist department with submission of Concur and SiQuest reports and purchases. Will serve as the Department Timekeeper. Backup to other functions in the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Two Years Relevant Experience
- Experience in higher education or healthcare
- Experience with medical billing or physician practice financial statements
- Highly organized and experienced with electronic (pdf, etc.) management of files and records