Advancement Digital Communications Manager
Advancement Digital Communications ManagerJob no: 502834
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: University Advancement
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Sep 11 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Advancement Digital Communications Manager is focused on promoting University Advancement and Alumni Relations online engagement and presence through email marketing, event registration, website strategy, online giving, social media and additional digital content. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for creating, deploying and measuring email marketing efforts for Alumni Relations, Annual Giving, Stewardship, Development and other areas for Advancement. S/He will develop, manage and maintain the Advancement and campaign websites, which are the digital face of the university for our alumni and donor audiences. This person will be responsible for extending the university’s brand by developing engaging web experiences, marketing ideas and video that support our communication goals. S/He will be responsible for creating reports and analyzing statistics to drive strategy and discussion to help increase return on investment of time and budget. The Digital Communications Manager will be tasked with managing site functionality, including content, design, user experience, marketing initiatives and technical oversight. S/He will provide strategic leadership on new technologies and online trends. The Digital Communications Manager must thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced, results-driven and customer-focused environment.
- Create digital-based communications, including emails for invitations, solicitations, electronic newsletters and other needs.
- Recognize and make regular updates to the content, design and functionality of the Alumni/Advancement and campaign website. Design, gather, review, edit and publish compelling and strategic content on the Alumni/Advancement website for increasing conversations and driving more viewers.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Three to five years of experience working in digital communications, advancement, alumni relations or marketing communications
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including querying and reporting from relational databases
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Experience developing and managing digital analytics protocol and strategy
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and professionalism with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices
- Experience in applying branding principles to diverse communications
- Success in using various social media tools and emerging platforms
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of constituents in a growing environment
- Technical problem-solver, fast learner, self-directed, embraces change and works well under pressure
- Ability to articulate goals, lead project teams and confidently advocate for a strategic vision
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Knowledge of iModules content management system is a plus, but not required
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.