Assistant or Associate Professor - Physical Therapy and Kinesiology
Assistant or Associate Professor - Physical Therapy and KinesiologyJob no: 502643
Position type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Physical Therapy & Kinesiology
Applications Open: Sep 10 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Physical Therapy and Kinesiology at the University of Massachusetts Lowell seeks a full-time tenure-track faculty member with a research program in physical therapy, exercise science, or a kinesiology related area. The candidate will be appointed at the Assistant, or Associate level, depending upon qualifications.
The Department of Physical Therapy and Kinesiology is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences, a dynamic, growing college that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields including applied, clinical and translational areas. A large research program and vibrant community partnerships and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs. The candidate will work with internal collaborators in the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences, as well as with faculty in other colleges at UMass Lowell, with community partners, and with external academic or industry collaborators to strengthen current research and build new interdisciplinary research areas consistent with departmental priorities.
The Department invites applicants who have a successful track record securing extramural funding to support their research program(s). Topic areas of interest include, but are not limited to: rehabilitation sciences, digital health, movement sciences, cardiopulmonary sciences, biosensors, and robotics. Candidates who present additional evidence of clinical and/or teaching expertise in physical therapy or exercise science are especially encouraged to apply.
We seek applicants recognized for interprofessional collaboration, scholarly productivity, ability to work with diverse populations, and excellent oral and written communication skills in English. All faculty are engaged in service to the department, college, and university.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Assistant professor candidates must have a vibrant research program with evidence of funding and scholarly dissemination. Post-doctoral experience is highly desirable
- Associate professor candidates must have a nationally recognized research program with a record of current extramural research support
- Teaching and/or clinical experience in exercise science or similar fields
- Eligible for physical therapy licensure in the United States
- Postdoctoral experience
- Applicants with established interdisciplinary research collaborations are encouraged to apply
- The College has a strong commitment to diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin on November 15th and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter describing experience in academia and industry
- Teaching philosophy (include a description of previous teaching experience and teaching philosophy and style)
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals (three samples of published work in peer-reviewed journals in the area of funding/funding potential, preferably as first or senior author)
- Research statement (include research goals, objectives, and three-year research plan)
- Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application