#101615 (CLS) Sr. Clinical Lab Scientist Specialist
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 09/11/2019 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 09/23/2019. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.DESCRIPTION
Under general supervision, performs waived, moderate, and high complexity testing; evaluates test results; performs and evaluates quality control procedures; performs preventive maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting; validates new methods/instruments. Provides laboratory services in a timely manner and consistently delivers excellent customer service. Serves as a technical resource for customers, other staff and may serve as lead. Adheres to all safety policies.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
- Five years experience of applicable clinical laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to train/teach CLS students new staff members.
- Evidence of leadership ability.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must be able to work all shifts, week-ends, holidays, overtime and at various locations as necessary in accordance with operational needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.