#101421 Specialty Retail Pharmacy Technician III
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 09/11/2019 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 09/23/2019. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.DESCRIPTION
Under general supervision, will perform a full range of duties in a specialized functional area and able to perform all general tasks in all areas of pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist in the preparation of medications for patient use (oral and parenteral) according to established procedures; assist in the distribution of medications; maintains skills applicable to all information systems within the pharmacy, recordkeeping, and billing functions; maintain inventory levels; and perform other duties as assigned. Will perform assigned operational duties in a scheduled area and will assist pharmacists in completing medication orders and related distribution duties in the assigned area.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
Pharmacy Technician License issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
Outpatient and Home Infusion: Minimum five years of relevant experience required.
Must have the ability to perform retail/outpatient technician duties (i.e. Order Entry, Filling, Cash Handling, etc).
Experience in project management/system responsibility (e.g. Pyxis, narcotic control, QI, or pharmacy buyer/biller/analyst); OR is a Pharmacy School graduate; OR expanded responsibilities over several areas OR possess a Pharmacy Intern License.
- Previous retail pharmacy experience in specialty diseases (i.e. Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology, Rheumatoid Arthritis, HIV/AIDS, Transplant, Hepatitis C).
- Thorough ability and willingness to seek out additional copayment support programs for high cost medications
- Desire to achieve a desirable patient care outcome with each encounter
- Comply with additionally required specialty disease competency programs required by accreditation commissions
- Comfortable with public speaking and able to promote a justifiable position
- Felixible to address any pharmacy need that may arise, especialy those that are unexpected and occur suddenly
Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.