#101614 (CLS) Clinical Lab Scientist
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 09/11/2019 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 09/23/2019. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.DESCRIPTION
Under general supervision of a Senior Supervisor CLS, perform independently a wide variety of technical procedures in a section of the Department Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Other responsibilities include method development-modification-parallel testing, collaboration on or independent preparation of abstracts or manuscripts, repair of laboratory instruments, sample processing, reagent preparation, data entry and phlebotomy duties. Must be able to work weekends, holidays and other shifts as needed.
On a daily basis, assess overall workload for any area that needs help and help coworkers without being reassigned by the supervisor. Work is assigned daily and reviewed by supervisory personnel or designee. All Clinical Laboratory Scientists may process specimens, perform waived and non-waived testing without direct and constant supervision, and report results without supervisor or director review for the tests that are within their scope of licensure and for which they have been trained and deemed competent.
Depending on experience of the selected candidate, this position will be hired at the CLS or CLSS level.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
- Less than two (2) years experience qualifies as CLS level; two (2) years of experience qualifies as CLS Specialist.
- Previous relevant experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- Current experience in the Chemistry and or Hematology lab.
- Experience with multitasking more than one bench in a stat environment.
- California CLS licensure.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.