Projects Coordinator-Workforce & Business Development (Senior Special Programs Coordinator)
Category: Professional Staff
Department: Workforce & Economic Development
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Sep 11, 2019
Ref No.: UNP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Meet the workforce demands of the Greater Boston area by developing new trainings, programs and courses through building relationships and rapport with local employers and community agencies. Promote Bunker Hill Community College to area businesses and collaborating agencies and build a robust client base, serving learners and companies. Interacts with various agencies/individuals (i.e. - attends meetings; serves on and/or chairs committees; works with deans and department heads to develop programs; attends client-related events; represents the college and the assigned department/program at outside events/meetings; communicates with supervisor, local businesses, outside agencies, vendors, and other individuals to coordinate activities, review status of work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Full JD attached.
- Recruits new clients from local businesses, regional employers, community - based agencies and governmental contracts in the Greater Boston Region.
- Custom designs workforce training solutions, educational programming and student learning opportunities to client needs
- Develops program goals/objectives, assists in budget preparation and grant administration and development, prepares and processes documentation, and manages records
- Manages clients and in collaboration with Division Staff ensures excellent customer service from beginning to end
- Collaborates with the Career Services, internships and other employer relationship staff to develop and implement a unified strategy to employer outreach
- Directs other assigned programs and special projects such as the Center for Entrepreneurship within the Division of Workforce Development; as needed performs project coordination
- After Dean of Workforce and Economic Development (WFED) approval, prepares and processes instructor agreements and client standard contract agreements for programs under one's charge.
- Recruits and assists with interviewing and selection of new instructors and staff for Workforce Development Division;
- Collaborates with members of the Division and the College in the creation of the course schedule
- Collaborates with WFED Dean and Director of Workforce to prepare information for IMC, to promote programs and provide IMC information to update web pages and other marketing materials
- Assists in preparing Annual Unit Planning (AUP) report and other performance outcomes reports for Workforce Development Division etc
- Performs administrative tasks associated with department activities. Support students and provide general customer service for inquires in collaboration using the services of the college and its technology etc.
- Performs assigned work for implementation of Ellucian Elevate
- Participates in meetings and professional development activities (i.e. - maintains a working knowledge of assigned area; researches new trends and advances in the profession; reads professional literature; attends workshops and training sessions).
- Collaborates with key departments to maintain and strengthen interdepartmental relationships
- Performs assigned duties as directed
- BA/S business, workforce education or other related field with a minimum of 5 years sales and/or business development experience with a successful track record of results
- Experience working and/or teaching adult learners and diverse populations.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the special needs of adult learners.
- Excellent computer skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Preferred Master's Degree in business, workforce education or other related field
- Bilingual in Spanish
Salary Range: $54,956.00 - $59,209.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade: 5, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By September 26, 2019
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE