Life Science Research Professional
Life Science Research Professional
Job Number: 84585
The Biomaterials and Advanced Drug Delivery Service Center (BioADD) at Stanford University seeks an experienced materials scientist to join our therapeutics delivery development team. This position will blend principles and utilize engineering, biochemistry, cell biology, nanotechnology, and immunology techniques to develop new methods and procedures to enhance drug efficacy and delivery precision to the target cells. Join the BioADD team and help design next generation targeted drug vehicles.
- Independently conduct a portion of the research project(s). Make recommendations on experimental design and/or research direction to principal investigator.
- Independently conduct complex (lab and/or field) experiments to gather data for a portion of a major research project.
- Interpret and analyze results, often where few guidelines exist, and make modifications to existing procedures and protocols.
- Develop new research protocols where appropriate protocols are not described in the literature or where modification or adaptation of standard procedures and protocols is required.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams across different faculties or schools.
- Perform ongoing literature review to remain current with new procedures and related research; apply to ongoing research and development of new protocols.
- Contribute substantively to the preparation of papers for publication, especially in the results section, and to publication of findings. Present ongoing work to colleagues and/or academic conferences.
- Oversee supply and equipment budget under supervision of principal investigator or business manager.
- Work with health and safety department to ensure lab complies with regulations and all required trainings.
- Supervise (either formally or informally) staff or students as needed, including oversight and direction on techniques, as well as consultation on project work. Serve as a technical resource for other research staff.
- Oversee the daily activities of the laboratory including lab maintenance; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed. May assist with purchasing laboratory equipment.
*- Other duties may also be assigned.
- Research experience in cancer and/or neurodegenerative diseases.
- Background in bioengineering, biochemistry, cell biology, nanotechnology, and immunology.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree in related scientific field and two years of relevant work experience; or Master's degree in a related scientific field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific principles.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders, sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand and foot controls.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous environment.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne pathogens.
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are present.
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4952
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 84585
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency