Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-10
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Program Assistant, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist with the academic and professional test registration, administration, and record keeping for pencil and paper tests, computer-based tests, and internet-based tests (national, state, local, university, correspondence and Prometric testing).
- Provide detailed information to examinees regarding available tests including test dates, location, deadlines, and fees.
- Provide responses to inquiries and requests from students, faculty, staff, and the community, by phone and in person, and refer to the appropriate departments if unable to assist.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to provide effective solutions to their requests.
- Provide scheduling and check-in assistance to staff, including interpretation of student test records, verifying identification, and taking photographs, if required, of students and candidates signing in for makeup exams, correspondence tests, and computer-based tests (ACCUPLACER, CLEP,ACT Residual,DSST,TEAS, MAT, HESI, TOEFL, GRE) or paper-tests.
- Escort candidates to the appropriate testing room and collect testing materials at conclusion of exams.
- Provide visual security measures and operate the electronic/digital security systems during testing.
- Report and document any breach of security and uphold confidentiality policies as determined by the federal government, state, university, department, and testing entities. Maintain the confidentiality of all examinations housed in and delivered to the Testing Center.
- Maintain student and examinee records, files, and correspondence associated with examinations.
- Manually post test scores on the student database, as needed. Responsible for compliance with Federal and State statutes and University policy governing the release of confidential student data.
- Provide assistance with E Learning testing as it pertains to checking in and seating candidates.
- Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of the scanner.
- Operate the OPSCAN scanners to score tests and scan surveys on a daily basis. Transfer scanned data to scoring software, then e-mail statistical analyses.
- Retrieve, disseminate information, and create reports, documents, or memos from Microsoft Office, Banner system, and the VIP software.
- Upon end of day, close office and secure testing labs and sensitive information.
Ability to operate office equipment including copy machine, printer, FAX machine, shredder, etc.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$12.50 - $13.00 per hourCollege or Department:Testing & EvaluationLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Tuesday – Friday, 8 a.m. -5 p.m. with one hour for lunch and Saturday, -7 a.m.-4 p.m. with one hour for lunch.Application Deadline: 2019-09-17-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected], prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected] to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume is required for this position. Make sure to attach any required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.