Administrative Associate (FTE: 75%)
Administrative Associate (FTE: 75%)
Job Number: 84562
The Division of Hematology, in the Department of Medicine, is a progressive and dynamic center for basic and translational science, clinical research, patient care, and teaching, where clinicians, scholars, investigators, and trainees work together to harness the power and resources of Stanford Medicine in the pursuit of excellence.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years experience in similar activities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 84562
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency